1. Buy some cheap animal food and always take it with you for homeless dogs/cats.
2. Never ask a thai for direction advice
3. Even if they are smiling and nodding, most thais don’t have a clue what you’re saying.
4. Don’t behave like some stupid tourist
5. If you really like it at a certain place; STAY!
6. have patience: 1 european hour makes 2 thai hours.
7. Don’t kill a thai because they say “I CAN NOT. I CAN NOT.”
8. Don’t get killed by a thai because they’re driving like bastards.
9. Don’t ride a motorbike if you don’t want to spend your holiday in hospital.
10. Some typical english words spoken by a thai: I CAN NOT, SOLLY SOLLY (SORRY), SA-PICY (SPICY)
11. If you have a huge spider in your room, search for a thai. They will find it and they will kill it with their bare hands.
12. There’s never enough aloe vera. Never ever.
13. Everything tastes either extremely spicy or extremely sweet. Therefore:
14. FANTA TASTES LIKE SUGAR WATER
15. Use sunblocker. Everytime. Everywhere. I AM NOT JOKING
16. Either wear shoes or be extremely careful while swimming in the ocean
17. Hotel restaurants are shitty and expensive.
18. Give tip if the people are nice!
19. Only one book. Not more. You won’t really read it anyway.
20. Enjoy every minute you spend in this wonderful chaotic country.
Kiev, largest city of Ukraine, before the violent demonstrations and now.